Gutta-percha is the standard filling material used to obturate the canals after root canal treatment. Gutta-percha is a natural polymer prepared from latex from a specific tree (the percha tree). Gutta-percha is manufactured and delivered in specific sets of gutta-percha cones (or points) of various sizes, color-labeled. The specialty of diadent gp points is that it does not shrink.
Benefits of Diadent GP Points
Gutta Percha is dimensionally stable and biologically inert thereby providing an impenetrable seal.
1. Highly compact material: The Gutta Percha points prevent the spread of bacteria in the canal where Root Canal Treatment has been done.
2. Excellent dimensional stability: The Gutta Percha material does not shrink until it is heated to a temperature above 60 degrees Celsius.
3. Easily inserted into the canal: Gutta Percha is also used to measure the depth of the canal for filling.
4. Softened the blow: It fills the gap in the canal without much use of cement.
5. Reduces time spent on Root Canal: Through Gutta Percha Points, the Root Canal filling process becomes quick and easier. The cones can be easily inserted and taken out from the tooth canals.
6. Variety of sizes: The points are available in various sizes. There is a cone for gaps of every size in the packets.
7. Ready sterilization capabilities: Gutta Percha can be inserted in the canals through both cold and hot obstruction techniques of canal filling.
Composition of Diadent GP Points
The Gutta Percha cones are not solely made up of the rubber saps of the genus Palaquium trees. The cones only have 20% of Gutta Percha. The major component of the Diadent GP points is zinc oxide which is 66%. The zinc oxide act as the filler content in this. In the rest 14% composition, 11% is heavy metal sulfates while 3% is waxes or resins. The cones of Gutta Percha come in different sizes like 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 130, 140. A dentist uses it according to the size of the canal where filling has to be done. Notably, a dentist has to try inserting different sizes to get the perfect size for the canal filling. discount on the prices.
Diadent GP Points Sizes
The Gutta Percha Points come in various sizes. The sizes of these points are according to the standards of ISO. The major category of Gutta Percha boxes are 2%, 4%, and 6% tapers. In each percent category there are multiple points of different sizes. There is also a conventional box of Gutta Percha which has sizes from XXF to XL.
The bottom line
Gutta Percha is the most common and trusted material used for root canal feels. Various other materials are also experimented with in labs for RCT filling, but till now no compatible material has been found. While using GP points, a dentist has to take care of its different sizes. Different sizes of GP points are available on various online platforms and in stores. Dentists, dental learners, and dental clinic staff can easily get these points from there. Diadent gutta percha price varies according to its size. However, online platforms offer a certain discount on the prices.